Location: Madison, WI
Term: Full-Time, permanent. Seasonal candidates would be considered
If you are looking to join a growing CPA Firm with career advancement opportunities, RPB is the place for you! If you are looking to work at a CPA Firm in which the work is both meaningful and challenging with a flexible, friendly and supportive culture, RPB is the place for you! If you are an experienced Tax Manager who meets the requirements below, RPB is the place for you!
Reilly, Penner & Benton LLP offers unique and attractive career opportunities. RPB is Wisconsin’s first chartered CPA firm with over 110 years of experience. We are a mid-sized, regional CPA firm in the Madison and Milwaukee markets with a diverse client base including nonprofit and for-profit organizations, unions, government entities, employee benefit plans, school districts, charter and school choice programs as well as tax preparation and consulting for businesses, partnerships and individuals.
The Tax Manager at RPB will review and/or sign income tax returns, will oversee multiple tax engagements and provide day-to-day oversight and direction to the tax preparers. The Manager will conduct basic training to develop preparers’ skills, maintain Firm efficiency and meet filing deadlines.
- BS or MS in Accountancy or MA in Taxation
- CPA preferred – will consider Enrolled Agent
- PTIN required
- 6+ years of experience working in a tax-related field with a thorough understanding of accounting for tax
- Qualified reviewer and signer of individual tax returns (including Schedules C, E & F)
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of ProSystems tax software a plus
- Client accounting services experience a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software a plus
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience managing and training staff
- Exceptional client service with the ability to effectively communicate in person and writing
- Detail oriented with highly developed analytical and problem-solving skill
Benefits include: generous paid time off (PTO), health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), short and long-term disability, flexible work hours, and ability to work on a partially remote basis. Salary based upon experience.
Reilly, Penner & Benton, LLP is proud to be an EOE employer.