Employee Benefit Plan Audit Services
To file an annual return/report, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) requires employee benefit plans with 100 or more participants to undergo an audit by a qualified, independent public accountant. Employee benefits plan audits help protect your assets and the financial integrity of the plan, as well as ensure the necessary funds will be available to pay retirement, health, and other promised benefits to your employees.
The RPB Difference: 100 Plan Audits Performed Every Year
One of the most common complaints targeting CPA firms is their inability to test in areas unique to employee benefit plans. As the oldest registered accounting firm in Wisconsin, RPB has performed thousands of employee benefit plan audits, placing us in the top 5% of firms nationally. It is a frequent part of our work.
“We needed our 401K plan audited. Our accountants recommended RPB, as did our Third Party Administrator. RPB turned out to be fantastic—they ask for what they need and do the rest behind the scenes. We’ve used only them for our audits and are very happy—they’ve been our partner since 2011. They are fast, efficient, and friendly.”
—Pam Witt, Bonded Transporation Solutions
Plan Assets Ranging from Less than $1 Million to Over $250 Million
Whether your benefit plan covers the minimum 100 participants or over 20,000, or whether its assets range from less than $1 million to over $250 million, we perform limited- and full-scope audits for:
- Defined Contribution Plans: 401(k) and 403(k) plans; Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP); profit sharing plans.
- Defined Benefit Plans: pension and cash balance plans
- Health & Welfare Plans: medical, dental, and short-term disability plans; vacation and holiday plans
- Multi-Employer Taft-Hartley Plans
An Unrelenting Commitment to Quality
Because we’re one of the most trusted employee benefits plan audit firms in Wisconsin, we strive to continuously improve and hold ourselves accountable to industry best practices. As such, we’re proud to be long-time members of these industry-recognized organizations:
- The AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center (EBPAQC) – a respected firm-based voluntary membership center for firms that audit employee benefits plans.
- International Foundation of Employee Benefits – a non-profit organization, dedicated to being a leading objective and independent global source of employee benefits, compensation, and financial literacy education and information.
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) – as a PCAOB registered firm, we can perform employee benefit plan audits for any size company, even publicly-traded companies.